Take advantage of a practical tool to increase speed and reduce time in the workplace. Set forwarder in cPanel to keep track of all of your e-mails in one place.
E-mail forwarding is a powerful tool that helps contribute to your organization and efficiency. The addition of forwarder in cPanel will reduce the need to go e-mail hunting across different accounts and makes it possible for all related e-mail to be available in one place. From a business point of view, directing different subject e-mails to one place is far more efficient because one person can cover a variety of tasked e-mails rather than multiple people.
Imagine that the e-mails sent to you all exist on a major highway. Each e-mail account you own is an exit that the mail truck can take to be delivered to an account location. It would then be your job to visit each location and pick up the mail. Setting a forwarder from cPanel hypothetically exists as a note on your door to redirect your mail drop off to a specified account location. This way, any and all mail sent across your various accounts will end up at a single location, saving time and energy.
Here are the instructions to set a forwarder in cPanel:
- Log into cPanel
- Hit the Mail > Forwarder tab
- On this forwarder page, click Add Forwarder
- Now that you’re on the Add Forwarder page, you will need to complete the different section’s information:
- Address: Type in your e-mail address username to the address to forward > select the domain from the drop-down menu
- Destination: Type in the full e-mail address (including @domain…) that you want your e-mails forwarded to in the given box
- After you have completed this step, the Add a New Forwarder page should show:
All e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will now be copied to email@example.com
- You can add a bunch of e-mails to your forwarder and have them all direct to one place. That way, you will receive a copy of all e-mails sent across your multiple accounts. The easiest way to do this is to separate your forwarder e-mails with commas like this: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- You’re done!
Charles Elena Design is a leading branding digital agency. To have a conversation about your marketing needs, get in touch.