Designing a website that’s ‘sticky’
It’s every company’s aim to have a ‘sticky’ website, but designing a website that’s ‘sticky’ is more than simply generating a lot of page views for a website. Experts from Charles Elena, one of Melbourne’s leading web design companies, explain.
SEO Guru Allan Pollett has stated that businesses lose at least half of their visitors within the first eight seconds of arrival at their site. Therefore, excellent website design is vital to the success of your brand.
Charles Elena’s priority is to provide clients with a website that compels viewers to enquire about a brand’s product or service by attracting and keeping them on the site. Every time a viewer inquires, the web designer’s objective is fulfilled. A ‘sticky’ site is built correctly, has interesting features and relevant content.
So how do you make a website ‘sticky’?
- They say don’t judge a book by its cover, but that’s exactly what your potential clients do when they come across a company’s website. As Cash Miller from Small Business Delivered says, a business should repeat its message at every opportunity. That’s essential to building your brand’s reputation. Charles Elena ensures website designs reflect and communicate the brand’s messages and values. We do this through creating a uniform appearance with numerous industry-standard web design techniques. Thanks to Charles Elena, your website will appear professional and easily recognizable as a brand, keeping viewers on your site and encouraging them to inquire.
- The best web design companies know the value of returning customers. However, previous clients won’t return to your website unless the brand is providing them with new and interesting information. Charles Elena can help set up your brand’s website so that there is a constant flow of new information about your company and its products and services. Keeping your regular customers updated with news, new products etc, will make sure they remember the brand and stay interested.
- The current ability of social media to increase awareness of a brand is enormous – that’s why Charles Elena’s web designers incorporate social media sharing options into our web designs. Jane Susskind, from the Social Ballot, reports one-third of American social network users followed a brand on Facebook last year, up from 16 per cent in 2010. Incorporating social media sharing options, and offering subscription services will encourage more people to view your brand’s site and generate more enquiries.
- ‘Sticky’ websites are designed with the user in mind. For example, online viewers love interactivity. Therefore links, comments, and 3D graphics are just some of the many tools we can apply to your website to enhance your viewers’ experiences with your company. The more enjoyable the experience for the viewer, the longer they will stay to discover more about the brand.
- Above all, ‘sticky’ websites must be efficient, with fast loading times and easily accessible information. Pages that load slowly will push your customers to look elsewhere.