Digital publishing and your business
Digital publishing provides companies with a range of exciting opportunities to engage with the ever-growing number of online users worldwide. It’s time your business embraced the digital publishing revolution, as your audience is already there.
Today, e-publishing is a valuable business tool that allows information to reach people across the world at any time, anywhere. The digital publishing revolution has changed the way businesses transmit information to consumers and also marks a cultural shift in the way ordinary people choose to access information.
Electronic book sales have soured in recent years, with Amazon e-book sales having increased by approximately 70 percent in 2012, while e-readers also experienced growth in popularity throughout the world.
The digital age has so far proven to have many benefits for both businesses and consumers, including:
- Cost-efficiency: e-publishing incurs significantly fewer costs than printing. This is because there are no longer printing, binding, postage, paper or distribution fees. This also translates into savings for consumers, as publishers don’t need to pass those costs onto consumers to make profit.
- More eco-friendly: in addition to not incurring print publishing costs, digital publishing also doesn’t require paper. This is a big bonus for environmentally-conscious consumers and generates a positive brand image.
- Speedy publication: digital publishing enables content to reach a much larger audience a lot quicker than traditional print publishing, meaning that businesses enjoy more sales. In addition, there’s no need wait a few weeks for your book to arrive in the mail or even drive to the local bookstore. E-publications satisfy customer expectation because by simply clicking download, anybody can instantly access the publication, regardless of where they live.
- Fewer restrictions: online publishing means there are no strict limitations on word count or space, compared with print publishing where the words need to fit the number of pages. Writers and content developers don’t need to reduce the quantity or quality of content to perfectly fit the pages of a printed publication.
- Easily accessible: e-publishing places businesses in a position where their information can reach anybody in the world who has access to the internet, regardless of whether they only have a PC, a Mac, Ipad, Iphone or e-book reader. Businesses maximize their corporate opportunities, while consumers don’t miss out simply because of where they live and what devices they have access to.
Digital publishing is a win-win situation for both companies and buyers and its potential is still unfolding. As we are living in a digital age, businesses that embrace digital have a lot to gain while those who don’t have a lot to lose.