Email Application Setup: Mozilla Thunderbird
Thunderbird is a free email programme that you may get from mozilla.com/thunderbird. This tutorial will walk you through setting up your Bluehost-hosted email account in Mozilla Thunderbird for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Some screens and processes may differ due to changes in operating systems. The measures, however, should be consistent across platforms.
- Mozilla Thunderbird should now be open.
- Go to File > New > Existing Mail Account.
- Enter the following information in Mail Account Setup:
- Your Name: Your full name, as you want it to appear on your outbound mail.
- Email Address: The email address you’re setting up.
- Password: The password for your email account.
4. Then click Continue after checking the Remember Password box.
Thunderbird will check your email account’s configuration files to see whether it can set up your email account automatically. If it can, you’ll receive a message like Configuration discovered at email provider or something similar. If not, you’ll see the Manual Config menu.
- Choose IMAP or POP3 (we recommend IMAP).
- Click Manual Config.
- Replace example.com with your domain and change the incoming and outgoing servers to mail.example.com.
- By default, it will use IMAP with no SSL settings. Change the following settings for IMAP with SSL*:
- Incoming Port: 993
- Outgoing Port: 465
- SSL: SSL/TLS
- Authentication: Normal password
- Click Re-test.
- Click Done.
Note: Check Email Device Setup in your Email Manager for further configuration options, or see our Email Application Setup page.