Microsoft 365 – Setting up Email for Desktops
This section will walk you through setting up your email account with us on Microsoft Outlook 365 step by step. With minor UI modifications, the setting is quite similar to Microsoft Outlook 2016/2019.
Note: For the SMTP and IMAP protocols, we’ll use SSL Hostnames to configure the email account.
- Log in to Microsoft Portal with the Microsoft 365 username and password you created during account creation to set up email on your desktop PC.
- To use Outlook from your browser, sign in and then click the Outlook icon. See the Desktop Setup section below for instructions on how to set up Outlook on your computer.
- On your computer, open Microsoft Outlook 2019. If you’re using it for the first time, you’ll see the window displayed below right away. If you already have some other email accounts set up in Outlook, go to File Menu > Add Account to bring up the page shown below.
a. Enter your Email Address.
b. Check the box that reads, Let me set up my account manually.
c. Click on Connect
2. Depending on the Incoming Protocol you prefer, either POP or IMAP. We’ve chosen IMAP for this post.
3. In the Email Client Settings section below, enter the corresponding hostnames, port numbers, and encryption techniques for the Incoming Mail and Outgoing Mail servers based on your choices. Then press the Next button.
|SSL Email Port Settings|
|Outgoing Server SMTP||smtp.domainname.com||Port 26/587|
|Incoming Server IMAP||imap.domainname.com||Port 993|
|Incoming Server POP||pop.domainname.com||Port 995|
|Non-SSL Email Port Settings|
|Outgoing Server SMTP||mail.domainname.com||Port 25/587|
|Incoming Server IMAP||mail.domainname.com||Port 143|
|Incoming Server POP||mail.domainname.com||Port 110|
Note: The domainname.com in the above example needs to be replaced with your actual domain name.
4. Click Connect and enter the password for your email account with us.
5. Your email account has been successfully set up!
To complete the process, click Done.
6. Your Email Client now allows you to send and receive emails.