Apple iPhone, iPad Email Setup – How To Setup Email On iOS Devices
This article will show you how to set up email on iOS devices like the iPhone and iPad.
Log in to your Bluehost control panel, navigate to the Email tab, and select Email Configuration from the side menu to see the necessary settings for your email account.
- Configure Your iOS Device
- New Account Information
- Incoming Mail Server
- Outgoing Mail Server
- Cannot Verify Server Identity
- Mail and Notes
- How to store Sent, Drafts, and Trash on the server
- Tap the Settings icon from the Home screen.
2. Scroll down to Mail in the Settings section.
3. Select Add Account.
4. Tap Other.
5. Select Add Mail Account.
- Write your name.
- Write your email address.
- Write the password for your email address.
- Write any description or domain name.
- Click Next, after completing the form.
In the Email Client Settings section below, enter the corresponding hostnames, port numbers, and encryption techniques for the Incoming Mail and Outgoing Mail servers based on your choices.
|Email Client Settings|
|Outgoing Server SMTP||mail.domainname.com|
|Incoming Server IMAP||mail.domainname.com|
|Incoming Server POP||mail.domainname.com|
An inbound, POP, or simply Mail server is a server that allows you to receive email. Please follow the steps below to set up your account:
- Host Name. This is usually your domain name followed by the word “mail.” You can find your specific mail server. This may be found under More > Configure Mail Client in the E-mail Accounts section of the control panel.
- User Name. Your email address.
- Password. The password for your email address.
An outgoing, or SMTP, mail server is a server that allows you to send an email. Please follow the steps below to set up your account:
- Host Name. The same as the incoming server.
- User Name Your email address.
- Password. The password you use to access your email account.
When you’re finished, go to the upper left corner and click Next.
Because the certificate is for Bluehost rather than your domain, this error notice appears. To accept the certificate, click Continue.
The final screen will ask if you want this account’s mail and notes turned on. Tap Save after leaving them both on.
- Keep Mail and Notes set to on.
- Then tap Save.
- Select Mail under Settings.
- Select your email account.
- Scroll down to Advanced.
- Choose the mailbox you wish to configure, under Mailbox Behaviors.
- Select the appropriate folder on the server where you want to save the email.
- Follow the procedures above to store any additional folders on the server.