- Please enter your email address here.
- To manually set up the account, click the ‘Advanced’ connection and check the box.
- You’ll need to enter your Incoming and Outgoing settings on the next tab.
- Server — This is example mail server name. The example above uses imap.example.com for the incoming server. If you’d prefer a POP connection, you would use pop.example.com instead. The outgoing server is always smtp.example.com.
- Make sure you only enter your mail servername.
- Do not use a subdomain such as mail.example.com. You may get an insecure warning if you use the wrong mail hostname
- Port — If you chose IMAP, the secure port is 993. For outgoing ports, use 465 or 587.
- Port 465 with SSL is recommended, however, some email clients are unable to use this port.
- If you are unable to use port 465, the next best option is port 587 using STARTTLS.
- Encryption — SSL/TLS.
- Require logon using Secure Password Authentication — Check this box.
- If all went well, you’ll get a confirmation message.