Email Application Setup: Outlook 2016 for Windows
This section will take you through a step-by-step guide on how to configure your Email Account with us on Microsoft Outlook 2016.
Note: We will be configuring the email account using SSL Hostnames for SMTP and IMAP protocols.
- On your computer, open Microsoft Outlook 2019. If you’re using it for the first time, you’ll see the window displayed below right away. If you already have any other email accounts set in Outlook, go to File Menu > Add Account to see the popup shown below. a. Type your email address in the box below.
a. Enter your Email Address.
b. Check the box that reads, Let me set up my account manually.
c. Click on Connect.
- Depending on the Incoming Protocol you prefer, either POP or IMAP. We’ve chosen IMAP for this post.
- In the Email Client Settings section below, enter the corresponding hostnames, port numbers, and encryption techniques for the Incoming Mail and Outgoing Mail servers based on your choices. Then press the Next button.
SSL Email Port Settings Outgoing Server SMTP smtp.domainname.com Port 26/587 Incoming Server IMAP imap.domainname.com Port 993 Incoming Server POP pop.domainname.com Port 995 Non-SSL Email Port Settings Outgoing Server SMTP mail.domainname.com Port 25/587 Incoming Server IMAP mail.domainname.com Port 143 Incoming Server POP mail.domainname.com Port 110
Note: In the preceding example, domainname.com should be substituted with your actual domain name.
- Click Connect and enter the password for your email account with us.
- Your email account has been configured successfully!
Click on Done to conclude the process.
- Your Email Client now allows you to send and receive emails.