Making your branding and design social
Charles Elena’s branding and design experts explain how you can improve business by making your brand social.
Facebook now boasts more than one billion monthly active users, Twitter has more than 200 million active users, and Youtube receives an incredible four billion views each day. Generate awareness of your brand and bring it to life with these social media tips from Charles Elena’s branding and design experts.
Share information about the brand
Keep your viewers informed and educate them through:
- Sharing the company story – in your branding and design plan, incorporate ideas for conveying to viewers exactly what the brand stands for, its values and what it’s passionate about. You can even inform followers about the history of the brand and what impact the company’s products or services are having on the world.
- News – inform your social media followers about what is happening now and what’s coming soon. Let them know when a new CEO is taking over, when the brand is holding an event or has had a successful year of growth. This makes the brand appear honest and builds trust with consumers.
Engage your market with your branding and design
An interested viewer can become a passionate and loyal follower. Brian Solis reports 44 per cent of online users frequently share brand-related information with friends in their social networks. Therefore, branding and design experts should incorporate ways to engage people and allow them to share information via social media.
- Talk to your market – Don’t underestimate the value of replying to followers’ comments on Facebook, or thanking your clients on Twitter. Simply acknowledging them through social media makes them feel valued.
- Regularly update content – make your viewers excited. Nissan’s facebook page frequently shares news, videos of their cars being pushed to the limit, and videos detailing how the cars are built from scratch. Their posts receive thousands of ‘likes’ and comments. The page has become a community within itself, allowing for like-minded people to develop a passion for the company’s products or services.
- Offer competitions – Competitions that get people to share or ‘like’ a page in order to enter is one of the best ways to get your brand noticed on social media. The brand becomes trendy as everybody is ‘liking’ the page to win that cash prize, holiday or new car! Once people have ‘liked’ the brand’s Facebook page, they will automatically receive regular updates from the company’s page in their newsfeed.